NIPFP-Comptroller and Auditor General (C&AG) Training and Assistance Programme
- Start date July, 2014
- Sponsor Comptroller and Auditor General (C &AG)
- Project leader Rathin Roy
- Other faculty Pratap Jena, Manish Gupta, Sukanya Bose
The programme aims to improve the knowledge and capacity building in Public Debt Management (PDM) / Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003 (FRBM) and its implementation. This is the second year of the project. Work involves conducting requested training programs, working with the CAG officials on the report, providing data and information, providing comments and suggestions on draft reports.
4th NIPFP-DEA Research Programme
- Start date April, 2014
- Completion date March, 2018
- Sponsor Ministry of Finance
- Project leader Ajay Shah
- Other faculty Ila Patnaik
- Consultants/Other authors Anirudh Burman, Ashim Kapoor, Ashish Aggarwal, Manya Nayar, Mayank Mahawar, Neena Jacob, Nelson Chaudhuri, Pramod Sinha, Jai Vipra, Mahima Gupta Bhavyaa Sharma, Rachna Sharma, Radhika Pandey, Sanhita Sapatnekar, Shalini Mittal, Manpreet Singh, Smriti Sharma, Sumant Prashant, Suyash Rai
(1st April 2014-31st March 2017)
This is the fourth MOU signed on 3 April 2014 between the NIPFP and the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance, Government of India to undertake the NIPFP-DEA Research Program. The research program aims to provide research input to approach several new challenges that face DEA and the Ministry of Finance. The research program will address larger questions of fiscal, financial and monetary policy in an open-economy setting, but also provide what is perceived as the indispensable - a research oriented policy support framework for topical issues that are of concern to the Ministry. Within the overall framework of the objectives, NIPFP will also undertake activities relating to implementation of FSLRC recommendations.
What is the quality of governance across Indian states, and does it matter?
- Sponsor Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), Canada
- Project leader Stanley L. Winer
- Other faculty Rathin Roy, Pinaki Chakraborty, Bharatee Bhusana Dash
- Consultants/Other authors J. Stephen Ferris
This project will investigate the relationship between competitiveness in Indian state elections and the structure of the fiscal choices made by state governments. To do so, this project propose to: (i) construct a complete record of constituency level electoral data for major Indian states; (ii) measure political competitiveness in state elections using a variety of indexes; and (iii) use measures of competitiveness, along with other political and economic factors, as part of a dynamic empirical model of state fiscal policy choices. This work will contribute to the study of the relationship between governance and public policy in India.
2017-18 Evaluation of Governance Parameters of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G)
- Start date Dec., 2017
- Completion date Sept., 2018
- Sponsor Ministy of Rural Development,GOI
- Project leader N.R. Bhanumurthy and H. K. Amarnath
- Other faculty Bhabesh Hazarika
- Consultants/Other authors Krishna Sharma Tanvi Bramhe Kanika Gupta
Assessment of the Riskiness of the Airport Sector and estimating fair rate of Return on Equity (RoE)
- Sponsor Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India
- Project leader Ajay Shah
- Consultants/Other authors Suyash Rai, Apoorva Gupta
The scope of the project include the equity evaluation for all the airports (4 major private airports - Delhi International Airport Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi; Mumbai International Airport Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai; Bangalore International Airport Ltd., Bengaluru; GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd., Hyderabad;) keeping in view the risk profile of the projects/airports; recalculation of the beta values for the foreign airports being used as benchmark for beta values, review of the approach regarding use of book value of weighted average cost of capital, evaluation of the stakeholder comments received in response to DIAL's proposal and assisting the Authority in disposing the stakeholders comments on the fair rate of return issue.