Comprehensive Study of Assam State Finances to Recommend 10 years Perspective Planning and Concomitant Changes in the Public Finance Management
- Sponsor Government of Assam
- Project leader Rathin Roy
- Other faculty Kavita Rao, Pinaki Chakraborty, N.R. Bhanumurthy, Pratap Ranjan Jena, Sacchidananda Mukherjee, H.K. Amarnath, Manish Gupta
1. Study the trend of revenue of generation and suggest measure to augment the resources in the light of new policy of Central Government after advent of NITI Aayog and post 14th FC award; 2. Study and recommend to the State government on how to reduce wasteful expenditure and plug loopholes and leakages, how to raise revenues etc.; 3. Study the pattern of expenditure and suggest measures for Public expenditure reforms.; 4. Study the current status of various decentralisation initiatives (including transfers made to Rural, urban local bodies, VIIth Schedule areas, development and autonomous councils); 5. Study the impact of state-level public sector enterprises on their finances and, measures taken for improving their performance; 6. Study the impact of power sector reforms on state finances and suggest measures for sustained development.; 7. Analysis of contingent liabilities; 8. Evaluation and targeting of subsidies by the states; 9. Submit the 10 year perspective plan from 2016 to 2026 along with the structural and institutional reforms in public finance in the State.
- See details
Study on Improving Research and Policies on Health and its Financing
- Start date Dec., 2015
- Completion date Dec., 2018
- Sponsor Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Project leader Ila Patnaik
- Other faculty M/F Team
The aim of the project is to improve the state of knowledge and research on health and its financing in India.
Automatic Leading Indicator Approach to Forecasting GDP and Inflation
- Start date May, 2017
- Completion date May, 2018
- Sponsor MoF
- Project leader Sudipto Mundle
- Other faculty N.R. Bhanumurthy
- Consultants/Other authors Rudrani Bhattacharya and Parma Devi Adhikari
Objective is to forecast GDP and inflation
- Sponsor Multiple Agencies
- Project leader N.R. Bhanumurthy
This is an on-going collaboration with Delhi School of Economics, under which annual macroeconomic forecasts are provided to the UN-DESA, New York.
Policy research on strategic disinvestment of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and policy analysis on loss making CPSEs
- Start date March, 2016
- Completion date June, 2016
- Sponsor National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
- Project leader Ajay Shah
- Other faculty Suyash Rai
The aim of this project is to advise on Strategic Disinvestment from Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and provide policy analysis on loss making CPSEs.