- Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Phone 26569303 Ext. 135
Bhabesh Hazarika is an Economist at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi. His research areas are public policy, public finance management, development economics, economics of the choice decision, and entrepreneurship. Dr. Hazarika has studied at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (Ph.D. in Economics from Department of Humanities and Social Sciences) and Gauhati University, Guwahati (M.A. in Economics). He has published his research papers in peer reviewed journals like Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Asia Pacific Management Review, Asian Journal of Women's Studies, Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship, and International Journal of Social Economics. Dr. Hazarika is a member of various professional associations including International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, Southern Economic Association, Indian Society for Ecological Economics, and also a referee of a couple of international journals and conferences.
Public Policy, Labour Economics, Health Economics, Entrepreneurship
1. Public Spending, Governance, and Developmental Outcomes
2. Tax and Non-tax Revenues at Subnational Governments in India
3. Peer Effects on Developmental Outcomes
- (2023), "Linkage Between Income and Government Expenditure at Indian Sub-Nationals: A Second-Generation Panel Cointegration Techniques", The Journal of Developing Areas Tennessee State University College of Business Volume 57, Number 1, Winter 2023 pp. 205-228
- (2022), "Linkage between Income and Government Expenditure at Indian Sub-nationals: A Second- Generation Panel Co-integration Techniques", NIPFP Working Paper No. 374
- (2022), "Fiscal Illusion and Wagner’s Law: Evidence from Indian Subnational Finances", NIPFP Working Paper No. 367
- (2020), "Evaluation of Governance Parameters of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G)", Sponsored by: Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India
- (2019), "Employment Generation in Urban India through PMAY(U)", Urban India, Vol. 39(II), July-December 2019 issue, pp.46-63.
Reviewer: Fianancial Innovation (Springer); Journal of Small Business Management (Wiley); Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship (Taylor & Francis); International Journal of Development Issues (Emerald); Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (World Scientific); Journal of World Economic Research, (SciencePG); Assam Economic Review (Gauhati University).