- Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 26569303 Ext. 182
Dr. Bhabesh Hazarika is an Economist at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi. His research areas are public policy, public finance management, development economics, economics of the choice decision, and entrepreneurship. Dr. Hazarika has studied at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (Ph.D. in Economics from Department of Humanities and Social Sciences) and Gauhati University, Guwahati (M.A. in Economics). He has published his research papers in peer reviewed journals like Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Asia Pacific Management Review, Asian Journal of Women's Studies, Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship, and International Journal of Social Economics. Dr. Hazarika is a member of various professional associations including International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, Southern Economic Association, Indian Society for Ecological Economics, and also a referee of a couple of international journals and conferences.
Public Policy, Labour Economics, Health Economics, Entrepreneurship
Public Policy, Impact Evaluation, Public Expenditure Management
- (2018), "Development of women micro-entrepreneurship in the handloom industry: An empirical analysis among tribal communities in Assam", International Journal of Rural Management, 14(1), 22-38 (Sage).
- (2017), "Decomposition of Gender Income Gap in Rural Informal Micro-enterprises: An Unconditional Quantile Approach in the Handloom Industry", NIPFP Working Paper No. 216
- (2017), "Determinants of financial risk attitude among the handloom micro-entrepreneurs in North East India", Asia Pacific Management Review, 30(17): 1-8.
- (2017), "Public Procurement in India: Assessment of Institutional Mechanism, Challenges, and Reforms", NIPFP Working Paper No. 204
- (2016), "Do home-based micro-entrepreneurial earnings empower rural women? Evidence from the handloom sector in Assam", Asian Journal of Women’s Studies, 22(3), Routledge.
Academic Editor: International Journal of Economics and Business Modeling (BioInfo)
Reviewer: Fianancial Innovation (Springer); Journal of Small Business Management (Wiley); Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship (Taylor & Francis); International Journal of Development Issues (Emerald); Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (World Scientific); Journal of World Economic Research, (SciencePG); Assam Economic Review (Gauhati University).