Pratap Ranjan Jena
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 26569303 Ext - 148
Pratap Jena works on sub-national public finance, public financial management, and fiscal decentralization. He has helped a number of State Governments in India in preparing medium term fiscal plans under their Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Acts. He coordinates training on Public Financial Management for Central and State Governments officials at NIPFP and abroad.
Sub-national public finance, public financial management, and fiscal decentralization.
- (2020), "Emerging Fiscal Priorities and Resource Concerns: A Perspective on Fiscal Management from Madhya Pradesh", NIPFP Working Paper No. 303
- (2019), "Budget Credibility in India: Assessment through PEFA Framework", NIPFP Working Paper No. 284
- (2019), "Living under Fiscal Rules: Fiscal Management Response and Resource Allocation Choices for State of Odisha", NIPFP Working Paper No. 264
- (2017), "Public Procurement in India: Assessment of Institutional Mechanism, Challenges, and Reforms", NIPFP Working Paper No. 204
- (2017), "Indian Variant of MTEF: The Scope and Opportunities to Develop an Effective Budget Planning Process", NIPFP Working paper No. 185
Membership in committees and commissions
Member, Poverty Task Force, Government of Odisha.
Editorial Board of the International Journal on Governmental Financial Management (IJGFM), St Michaels, Maryland, USA.