- 5th Biennial High-level Meeting of the Development Cooperation Forum (DCF), July 21, 2016
- Conference on Economics and Politics of Local Governments: The Indian Experience
- 11th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development
- NCAER Seminar: The World Bank’s India Development Update 2015: Fiscal Policy for Equitable Growth, November 2015
- IGEG Conference, October 2015
- Present State of Goods and Services Tax (GST) Reform in India, Canberra, August 2015
- New Rules for New Horizons: Reshaping Finance for Stability, Paris, July 2015
- The New Development Bank: Identifying Strategic and Operational Priorities, New Delhi, June 2015
UN EGM on Women’s economic empowerment in the changing world of work, ILO Geneva, 26-28 September, 2016
The EGM report to be submitted to UN Secretary General, will be based on the deliberations and conclusions of the meetings and focus on women’s economic empowerment in the context of their rights at work along the continuum from unpaid to informal to formal work.
The EGM report to UNSG would address women’s empowerment in the changing world of work by assessing key issues such as: Enabling macroeconomic environments for employment creation and access to decent work for all; Global gender gaps in work and employment; Gendered pathways from unpaid to informal to formal decent work; Care economy and unpaid work; Social protection floors and measures; Rights to form, join, and mobilize through trade unions and Violence at work.
A few papers by Dr. Chakraborty on the topic are as follows: