- 5th Biennial High-level Meeting of the Development Cooperation Forum (DCF), July 21, 2016
- Conference on Economics and Politics of Local Governments: The Indian Experience
- 11th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development
- NCAER Seminar: The World Bank’s India Development Update 2015: Fiscal Policy for Equitable Growth, November 2015
- IGEG Conference, October 2015
- Present State of Goods and Services Tax (GST) Reform in India, Canberra, August 2015
- New Rules for New Horizons: Reshaping Finance for Stability, Paris, July 2015
- The New Development Bank: Identifying Strategic and Operational Priorities, New Delhi, June 2015
South Asian Diaspora Convention, July 19, 2016
Dr. Pinaki Chakraborty, Professor, NIPFP, will attend the South Asian Diaspora Convention 2016 on "Growth through interaction: the South Asian opportunity", to be held on 18-19th July, 2016 at the Raffles City Convention Centre, Singapore. He is one of the speakers in the session on "Law and Business in South Asia" to be held on the 2nd day of the convention.
Other participants in the session include Ms. Indranee Rajah, Senior Minister of State, Ministry for Finance & Ministry for Law, Singapore; Dr. Shirani Bandaranayake, 43rd Chief Justice of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka; Mr. Sachin Pilot, Member, Indian National Congress and Former Minister of Corporate Affairs, India; Dispute Resolution; Ms. Lim Seok Hui, Chief Executive Officer, Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) & Singapore International Mediation Centre (SIMC), Singapore; Mr. Shardul Shroff, Executive Chairman, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, India; Mr. Viswa Sadasivan, Board Member, Singapore International Mediation Centre(SIMC) and Chief Executive Officer, Strategic Moves, Singapore.Go to Speakers and Biographies for details.
Other sessions of the convention include, "Investing in Indian Infrastructure", "Regional Integration", Captains of Industry", "Geopolitics of South Asia", "Law and Business in South Asia", "Diaspora and Citizenship", "Partnership in Education", "China-India Business Dialogue" and "Entrepreneurship & Start-Ups".
The Guest-of-Honour for the inaugural session will be Sri Lanka’s Prime Minister, Mr. Ranil Wickremesinghe. Sri Lanka is the pivotal point for a global grand strategy of major powers like the United States, China and India.
The 3rd South Asian Diaspora Convention (SADC) will bring together 1000 distinguished guests and more than 50 of the region's leading policymakers and business leaders, academics and civil society leaders. The speakers will discuss and debate critical topics in business, economy and policy that would affect the region’s future and its role in global geopolitics in the 21st century.