- 5th Biennial High-level Meeting of the Development Cooperation Forum (DCF), July 21, 2016
- Conference on Economics and Politics of Local Governments: The Indian Experience
- 11th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development
- NCAER Seminar: The World Bank’s India Development Update 2015: Fiscal Policy for Equitable Growth, November 2015
- IGEG Conference, October 2015
- Present State of Goods and Services Tax (GST) Reform in India, Canberra, August 2015
- New Rules for New Horizons: Reshaping Finance for Stability, Paris, July 2015
- The New Development Bank: Identifying Strategic and Operational Priorities, New Delhi, June 2015
FICCI-GoI Workshop on "Mineral Concession Rules, June 2016
Dr. Lekha Chakraborty, faculty at NIPFP was one of the panelists in the FICCI-Government of India Workshop on "Mineral Concession Rules 2016", held at Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi, June 1st 2016. workshop, and spoke on "Mining Taxation Regime: India and International experiences" . The Special Address was delivered by Secretary, Department of Mines. The Senior Officer, Minerals Division, Niti Ayog; Controller General, IBM; Vice President, SBI Capitals Ltd; Managing Director, Essel Mining and Industries Ltd, Chairman, Jindal Steel and Power Ltd. were the other distinguished panelists.
FICCI and Government of India has organized this workshop against the backdrop of the enactment of Amended Mines and Minerals (Development & Regulation) Act 2015 and the Mineral Concession Rules 2016. This Workshop on Mineral Concession Rules 2016 on June 1, 2016 was held at Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi. Along with the mining organizations, the officials from Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, NITI Aayog and other stakeholders were the delegates of the workshop. The key objective of the workshop was to identify the future of Indian mining industry in the gambit of Mineral Concession Rules 2016 and analyse how the rules are to be implemented. It also identified the probable challenges and their remedies, focusing upon the mineral development in the country.