- Email email@example.com
- Phone 26569303 Ext - 104
Rita Pandey is a Professor at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi. Her primary area of research is environmental economics. She has been a member of the Technological and Finance Standing Committee to implement the Montreal Protocol, appointed by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, and was a visiting fellow at the School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, University of Yale, USA. Her research interests span integrating environmental concerns into policy analysis focussing on industry and urban transport through the use of environmental economics, and tools and measures of public finance. She has undertaken a broad range of studies examining the different links between environment and the economy and has worked extensively on market based instruments to protect and improve environment including the potential benefits of using tradable permits, non-tax and differential tax instruments for sustainable development. She has obtained her Ph.D. in economics from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
Environmental economics and policy analysis with a focus on Biodiversity Policy and Finance, Climate Finance, Economic and Fiscal Policy Instruments for Environmental protection, and Sustainable Development.
- (2017), "Emerging Experience with Design and Implementation of Policy Instruments for Renewal Energy Technologies Development and Deployment across Countries", Agarwal, Manmohan, Jing Wang and John Whalley, The Economies of China and India: Cooperation and Conflict, Vol. 1, The World Scientific Press, Canada
- (2017), "Choice and Design of Policy Instruments towards Promoting Renewable Energy Technologies: Conceptual Framework and Guiding Principles", Agarwal Manmohan, Jing Wang and John Whalley, The Economies of China and India: Cooperation and Conflict, Vol. 3, The World Scientific Press, Canada
- (2016), "Choice and Design of Fiscal Policy Instruments to Accelerate Innovation in Renewable Energy", The International Journal on Green Growth and Development, Vol. 3
- (2015), "Role of Fiscal Instruments in Promoting Low-carbon Technology Innovation", Green Growth Knowledge Platform, WP 6 (November).
- (2015), "Groundwater Irrigation in Punjab: some Issues and a Way Forward", in (eds.) Singh, Lakhwinder and Nirvikar Singh, Economic Transformation of a Developing Economy: The Experience of Indian Punjab, Springer Publications.
Reviewer, Journals on Environment and Development Economics and Energy; Current Science. Ph.D thesis examiner, University of Calcutta. Panelist, at Discussion on "Issue Before The Fourteenth Finance Commission with respect to Environmental and Resource Management", Madras School of Economics, Chennai, March 9, 2013.