- Email email@example.com
- Phone 26569303 Ext - 184
Dr. Satadru Sikdar is with National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi, since 2006. He was also Visiting Scientist at ICDD, University of Kassel, Germany under DAAD fellowships during November-December, 2018. He did his Ph.D. from Centre for Economic Studies and Planning (CESP/SSS), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Title of his Ph.D. thesis is “School Education in India: An Assessment of Public Provisioning since the Early 1990s”. He has been associated with several research studies in NIPFP, including preparation of Medium-Term Fiscal Policy for different states; effectiveness and utilisation of funds for selected schemes, property taxation and urban poverty alleviation among others.
Public Policies, Governance, Education, Labour, Universal Basic Income, Subsidies and Public Finance Management
- (2020), "Subsidies, Merit Goods and the Fiscal Space for Reviving Growth: An Aspect of Public Expenditure in India", in Economic Developments in India (EDI), Volume 249, edited by Uma Kapila, Academic Foundation, 2020.
- (2020), "Building Infrastructure to Promote Inclusive Growth", NIPFP Working Paper No. 321
- (2020), "Contemporary Capitalism and Employment Challenges: Some Reflections on India", (with Praveen Jha), in Development Challenges of India after Twenty Five Years of Economic Reforms: Inequality, Labour, Employment and Migration, edited by Nripendra Kishore Mishra, Springer, Singapore, 2020.
- (2019), "Budget Credibility in India: Assessment through PEFA Framework", NIPFP Working Paper No. 284
- (2019), "Subsidies, Merit Goods and the Fiscal Space for Reviving Growth: An Aspect of Public Expenditure in India", NIPFP Working Paper No. 282