- Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 26569303 Ext - 132
Dr Sacchidananda Mukherjee is an Associate Professor at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi. Before joining NIPFP, he was with International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Hyderabad and World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)-India, New Delhi. He has worked on public finance, environmental economics and water resources management issues in India for more than a decade. Dr Mukherjee has studied at the Madras School of Economics, Chennai (Ph.D. in Environmental Economics from University of Madras) and Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (M.A. in Economics). He has published papers in national and international journals. He is member of various national and international professional associations including Indian Society for Ecological Economics and a regular reviewer of couple of international journals including Water Resources Management, Water Policy, Environment and Development Economics, Urban Water Journal, and International Journal of Global Environmental Issues. His recent co-edited books are - "Environmental Scenario in India: Successes and Predicaments" and "Environmental Challenges and Governance: Diverse perspectives from Asia" - published by Routledge, U.K. & U.S.A.
Public economics, Environmental and resource economics, Water Resources Management, Development Economics, Statistics and Applied Econometrics
Key words: Goods and Services Tax (GST), Value Added Tax (VAT), Performance Assessment of Tax Administration, Tax Effort, Restructuring and Reorganization of Tax Administration, Tax Compliance Behaviour, Revenue Potential Estimation, Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Mobilization.
- Measurement of taxable capacity and tax effort of Indian States
- Development of Diagnostic Assessment Tool for State Tax Administration
- Assam State Finance - Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Mobilization
- (2019), "Inter-Governmental Fiscal Transfers in the Presence of Revenue Uncertainty: The Case of Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India", NIPFP Working Paper No. 255
- (2018), "Moving ahead on blended financing mechanisms and pricing water in India", Concept Note on Cost Recovery in Indian Water Sector
- (2017), "India - Corporate Tax Concessions in India: Are They Equitable?", Asia-Pacific Tax Bulletin, 23(4).
- (2017), "Changing Tax Capacity and Tax Effort of Indian States in the Era of High Economic Growth, 2001-2014", NIPFP Working paper No. 196
- (2016), "Environmental Policy Instruments for International Trade: A Review", in (eds.) Chakraborty D. and J. Mukherjee, Trade, Investment and Economic Development in Asia: Empirical and policy issues, Chapter 14, Routledge, U.K. & U.S.A.