- Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 26569303 Ext - 132
Public Finance, Environmental and Resource Economics, Water Resources Management, Development Economics, Statistics and Applied Econometrics
Key words: Goods and Services Tax (GST), Value Added Tax (VAT), Performance Assessment of Tax Administration, Tax Effort, Restructuring and Reorganization of Tax Administration, Tax Compliance Behaviour, Revenue Potential Estimation, Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Mobilization.
- Innovation in Public Finance, commissioned by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Member - Research Team
- Fiscal Implications of Introduction of Goods and Services Tax, commissioned by Fifteenth Finance Commission, Member – Research Team.
- (2020), "Factors Influencing Access to Formal Credit of Unincorporated Enterprises in India: Analysis of NSSO’s Unit-level Data", NIPFP Working Paper No. 326
- (2020), "Pandemic and GST Revenue: An Assessment for Union and States", NIPFP Working Paper No. 327
- (2020), "Goods and Services Tax efficiency across Indian States: panel stochastic frontier analysis", Indian Economic Review, Vol. 55, No. 2 9 (December 2020), pp. 225-251.
- (2020), "Trade and Environment: Issues and Emerging Perspectives", in Raychaudhuri, Ajitava, Prabir De and Suranjan Gupta (Eds.), "World Trade and India: Multilateralism, Progress and Policy Response" Chapter 8, pp. 176-199, November 2020, Sgae India: New Delhi.
- (2020), "Possible Impact of Withdrawal of GST Compensation Post GST Compensation Period on Indian State Finances", NIPFP Working Paper No. 291
Recent Projects Completed:
- Developing a mechanism for computing the value of Social Services Obligation (SSO) being borne by Indian Railways
- Comprehensive Study of Assam State Finances: Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Mobilisation
- Study on Bihar State Finance – Policy options for tax rationalization and mobilization of revenue
- Development of an Analytical Model for Widening of Taxpayers’ Base
- Study on Unaccounted Income/Wealth both Inside and Outside the Country
- Macro Economic Policies, Public Finance and Principles of Taxation
- Decades of Indirect Tax Reforms in India: A Journey towards Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Taxation: Impacts, Shifting and Incidence
- Theory and Principles of Taxation
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India: An Introduction
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): Opportunities and Challenges
- Structure of Indirect Taxes in India
- Structure of Taxes in India
- GST in Petroleum Sector: Revenue Neutrality and States’ Concerns
- Environmental Challenges in Times of Globalization – A Macro Perspective
- Taxation and Challenges in Revenue Policy
- Analysing the Impact of Taxes through Input-output Models
- Issues and Challenges in State Resource Mobilization
- India: Energy Taxation Issues
- Environmental Accounting
- “Evolution of Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India” (Co-author: R. Kavita Rao), New Delhi: Cambridge University Press, 2019
- “Value Added Tax and Informality: Determinants of Registration of Enterprises under State VAT in India" (Co-author: R. Kavita Rao), Margin—The Journal of Applied Economic Research, 13(1): 21–48.
- “VAT Efficiency across Indian States: Panel Stochastic Frontier Analysis”, Economic and Political Weekly (forthcoming).
- “Estimating Unaccounted Income in India: Using Transport as a Universal Input” (Co-author: R. Kavita Rao), Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 52, Issue No. 7 (18 February 2017), pp. 107-115.
- “Environmental Challenges in Asia” (Co-author: D. Chakraborty), in Sara Hsu (ed.), Routledge Handbook of Sustainable Development in Asia, Chapter 4, pp. 66-90, Routledge: U.K. & U.S.A. 4 June 2018.
- “State of Public Finance and Fiscal Management in India during 2001-16”, Working Paper No. 265, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi, May 2019.
- “Inter-Governmental Fiscal Transfers in the Presence of Revenue Uncertainty: The Case of Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India”, Working Paper No. 255, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi, March 2019.
- “Exploring Low-Carbon Energy Security Path for India: Role of Asia-Pacific Energy Cooperation”, Working Paper No. 259, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi, April 2019.
- GST still searching for stability in India – East Asia Forum, 10 May 2019. Online access: https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2019/05/10/gst-still-searching-for-stability-in-india/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter2019-05-12
- IDEAS RePEc: https://ideas.repec.org/e/pmu174.html
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=FQ-I6-0AAAAJ&hl=en
- ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-7835-232X
- ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sacchidananda_Mukherjee
- academia.edu: http://nipfp.academia.edu/SacchidanandaMukherjee
- ResearcherID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-8888-2013