- Email email@example.com
- Phone 26563305 Ext - 146
Manish Gupta is an Associate Professor at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi. Prior to this he has served as Assistant Professor and Economist at the Institute. He has worked with the Thirteenth Finance Commission, Government of India on deputation as Deputy Director. He holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
His primary areas of Interest are Fiscal Federalism, Decentralisation, Energy and Environment Economics and Development Economics.
Fiscal Federalism, Decentralisation, Energy and Environment Economics and Development Economics
- (2020), "Analysis of State Budgets 2018-19: Key Issues and Challenges", Supported by a grant from the Gates Foundation.
- (2020), "Biodiversity Conservation in India: Mapping Key Sources and Quantum of Funds", NIPFP Working Paper No. 311
- (2019), "State Finance Commissions: How successful have they been in Empowering Local Governments?", NIPFP Working Paper No. 263
- (2016), "Evolving Centre-State Financial Relations: Role of the New Framework for Grants", Economic and Political Weekly, LI (16): 43-46
- (2016), "Preserving the Incentive Properties of Statutory Grants", Economic and Political Weekly, LI (9): 79-84