- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 26563305 Ext - 146
Manish Gupta is an Assistant Professor at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi. Prior to this he has served as Economist at the Institute for four years. He was associated with the Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi as a Consultant. He has also worked with the Thirteenth Finance Commission, Government of India on deputation as Deputy Director. He holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He did his M.Phil. and Masters in Economics from the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. His areas of Interest are Fiscal Federalism, Rural Decentralisation, Energy and Environment Economics and Development Economics.
Energy and Environment Economics, Federalism, Rural Decentralisation, Development Economics, Fiscal Federalism, Rural Decentralisation
Energy Efficiency of Indian Industries
- (2020), "Analysis of State Budgets 2018-19: Key Issues and Challenges", Supported by a grant from the Gates Foundation.
- (2020), "Biodiversity Conservation in India: Mapping Key Sources and Quantum of Funds", NIPFP Working Paper No. 311
- (2019), "State Finance Commissions: How successful have they been in Empowering Local Governments?", NIPFP Working Paper No. 263
- (2016), "Evolving Centre-State Financial Relations: Role of the New Framework for Grants", Economic and Political Weekly, LI (16): 43-46
- (2016), "Preserving the Incentive Properties of Statutory Grants", Economic and Political Weekly, LI (9): 79-84