- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 26569303 Ext - 257
Rudrani Bhattacharya is an Assistant Professor at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi. Her primary research area includes inflation and monetary policy, international finance, growth, development and Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium modelling for emerging market economies. She has obtained her Ph.D. in Quantitative Economics from the Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi Campus.
Inflation and monetary policy, international finance, growth, development and Dynamic stochastic general equilibrium modelling for emerging market economies.
1. Nowcasting of quarterly GDP growth in India (in collaboration with National Council of Applied Economic Research, New Delhi): Real time prediction of quarterly GDP growth in India using high frequency macroeconomic indicators.
2. Investigate whether monetary policy shock can anchor inflation expection of economic agents in India using survey-based inflation expectation series.
3. Forecasting Consumer Price Inflation in India.
- (2021), "How effective is e-NAM in integrating food commodity prices in India? Evidence from Onion Market", NIPFP Working Paper No. 336
- (2020), "Building Infrastructure to Promote Inclusive Growth", NIPFP Working Paper No. 321
- (2020), "Can Monetary Policy Sta-bilise Food Inflation? Evidence from Advanced and Emerging Economies", Economic Modelling, Volume 89, pp: 122-141.
- (2019), "Micro-level Price Setting Behaviour in India: Evidence from Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers", Economic and Political Weekly, Volume 54, No. 49.
- (2019), "Can Monetary Policy Stabilise Food Inflation? Evidence from Advanced and Emerging Economies", Economic Modelling, (Link:https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264999318310265)
Membership in committees and commissions
- Member of the Working Group of for the Revision of the Current Series of Wholesale Price Index (Base 2011-12) under Office of the Economic Adviser, Government of India since August, 2019.
- Member of the Expert Group for deriving seasonally adjusted series for short term economic data under National Statistical Commission from November, 2012 till date.
- Member, Expert Committee on Price Statistics under National Statistical Commission from 30th July to 30th April, 2011
Member, Editorial Review Board of Amity Journal of Economics, Amity University, from July, 2015.
Reviewer, World Bank Economic Review; Economic Modelling; Selected Chapters of the book titled “India’s Fiscal Policy: Prescriptions, Pragmatics and Practice”, Cambridge University Press.
Consultant, The Asian Development Bank, November-February, 2013. Attended NBER Summer School, Boston, USA, July 2012.
Invited to deliver
- Lectures in the Programme on Macroeconomic Modelling in Economic Policy Making at Reserve Bank Staff College (RBSC), Chennai, April, 2018.
- Lecture on “Rules, Discretion and Optimal Monetary Policy” at Reserve Bank Staff College (RBSC), Chennai, May, 2017.
- Lectures on Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium (DSGE) Models and Forecasting and Policy Analysis System (FPAS) Models in a Pilot Programme on Advance Macroeconomic Modelling at Reserve Bank Staff College (RBSC), Chennai, March, 2017