- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 26569303 Ext - 211
Rudrani Bhattacharya is an Assistant Professor at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi. Her primary research area includes inflation and monetary policy, international finance, growth, development and Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium modelling for emerging market economies. She has a Ph.D. from the Indian Statistical Institute and Ph.D. dissertation was titled Endogenous Growth and Structural Change in Multi-sectoral Framework.
Inflation and monetary policy, international finance, growth, development and Dynamic stochastic general equilibrium modelling for emerging market economies.
1. Estimating Propagation of Intermediary Activities in Wholesale and Retail Food Inflation in India.
2. Effectiveness of monetary policy in stabilising food inflation: Evidence from advanced and emerging economies.
- (2019), "Can Monetary Policy Stabilise Food Inflation? Evidence from Advanced and Emerging Economies", Economic Modelling, (Link:https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264999318310265)
- (2019), "Forecasting India's Economic Growth: A Time Varying Parameter Regression Approach", Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies (https://doi.org/10.1080/17520843.2019.1603169)
- (2019), "Measuring the Contribution of Mark Up Shock in Food Inflation in India", IIMB Management Review (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iimb.2019.03.015)
- (2018), "Micro-level Price Setting Behaviour in India: Evidence from Group and Sub-Group Level CPIIW Data", (co-authored with Shesadri Banerjee), Economic and Political Weekly, (Forthcoming)
- (2018), "Forecasting India’s Economic Growth: A Time-Varying Parameter Regression Approach", NIPFP Working Paper No. 238
Membership in committees and commissions
- Member of the Expert Group for deriving seasonally adjusted series for short term economic data under National Statistical Commission from November, 2012 till date.
- Member, Expert Committee on Price Statistics under National Statistical Commission from 30th July to 30th April, 2011
Member, Editorial Review Board of Amity Journal of Economics, Amity University, from July, 2015.
Reviewer, World Bank Economic Review; Economic Modelling; Selected Chapters of the book titled “India’s Fiscal Policy: Prescriptions, Pragmatics and Practice”, Cambridge University Press.
Consultant, The Asian Development Bank, November-February, 2013. Attended NBER Summer School, Boston, USA, July 2012.