Sikkim State Finances: Implications of the award of the Fourteenth Finance Commission
- Start date March, 2016
- Sponsor Government of Sikkim
- Project leader Pinaki Chakraborty
Comprehensive Study of Assam State Finances to Recommend 10 years Perspective Planning and Concomitant Changes in the Public Finance Management
- Sponsor Government of Assam
- Project leader Rathin Roy
- Other faculty Kavita Rao, Pinaki Chakraborty, N.R. Bhanumurthy, Pratap Ranjan Jena, Sacchidananda Mukherjee, H.K. Amarnath, Manish Gupta
1. Study the trend of revenue of generation and suggest measure to augment the resources in the light of new policy of Central Government after advent of NITI Aayog and post 14th FC award; 2. Study and recommend to the State government on how to reduce wasteful expenditure and plug loopholes and leakages, how to raise revenues etc.; 3. Study the pattern of expenditure and suggest measures for Public expenditure reforms.; 4. Study the current status of various decentralisation initiatives (including transfers made to Rural, urban local bodies, VIIth Schedule areas, development and autonomous councils); 5. Study the impact of state-level public sector enterprises on their finances and, measures taken for improving their performance; 6. Study the impact of power sector reforms on state finances and suggest measures for sustained development.; 7. Analysis of contingent liabilities; 8. Evaluation and targeting of subsidies by the states; 9. Submit the 10 year perspective plan from 2016 to 2026 along with the structural and institutional reforms in public finance in the State.
- See details
- Sponsor Multiple Agencies
- Project leader N.R. Bhanumurthy
This is an on-going collaboration with Delhi School of Economics, under which annual macroeconomic forecasts are provided to the UN-DESA, New York.
Study on Bihar State finances
- Start date May, 2014
- Sponsor 5th State Finance Commission, Government of Bihar
- Project leader Tapas K. Sen
- Other faculty R. Kavita Rao, Sacchidananda Mukherjee
The Study will include a detailed analysis of (a) the State's taxable capacity and effort (b) public expenditure issues including efficiency, prioritization and sectoral allocation (c) Centre-State issues (d) fiscal imbalances and adjustment (e) fiscal liabilities and sustainability
Study on Bihar State Finance - Policy Options for Tax Rationalization and Mobilization of Revenue
The study has two components: (a) tax (item-wise) analysis and suggestions for rationalization of the tax base and rates, and specific action for additional resource mobilization and (b) impact of proposed GST on state finances.
NIPFP-Comptroller and Auditor General (C&AG) Training and Assistance Programme
- Start date July, 2014
- Sponsor Comptroller and Auditor General (C &AG)
- Project leader Rathin Roy
- Other faculty Pratap Jena, Manish Gupta, Sukanya Bose
The programme aims to improve the knowledge and capacity building in Public Debt Management (PDM) / Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003 (FRBM) and its implementation. This is the second year of the project. Work involves conducting requested training programs, working with the CAG officials on the report, providing data and information, providing comments and suggestions on draft reports.