Library Rules and Membership Form
NIPFP Library and Information Centre Rules and Regulations
- All NIPFP members of the library are requested to carry their Identity Card, issued to them by the Institute, while visiting the library.
- The owner of the barcoded library card is responsible for the documents issued on his/her card.
- It is the responsibility of every borrower to keep the barcoded library card in safe custody. If this is lost or damaged, please report immediately to the Librarian. Duplicate bar-coded library card can be issued @ INR 500/-.
- This card is not transferable.
All personal belongings, except money bag, mobile, notebooks, will be kept at the property counter of the library.
Readers must take care of their pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, mobiles and wallets etc.
Monday to Friday : 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM
Saturday : 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM
The library remains closed on all National Holidays and other Institutional Holidays declared at the beginning of every year.
The NIPFP Library is fully automated and software-generated transactions/reports are authenticated. These should be acceptable in case of any dispute.
Open Access System:
NIPFP Library follows an open-access system of books and other materials taken from the stacks should not be re-shelved by the readers. These should be left on the tables reserved for this purpose. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
The library should be used for academic and research purposes only. All readers are requested to maintain silence in the library and adhere strictly to its rules and regulations. Chatting, smoking, eating, sleeping, making visual aids and using mobile phones etc. are strictly prohibited in the library premises. Any irregularities found may kindly be brought to the notice of the Librarian for necessary action. The Librarian is authorized to terminate the membership of any borrower if he/she is found guilty of such misconduct.
Seats will be available on first-come first-served basis.
Issuing and borrowing facility is available for regular/temporary staff of NIPFP. Entitlement of borrowing of books etc. is given below:
|Sl.No.||For Circulation||No. of book/report||Loan period||No. of bound journals||Loan period||No. of CD||Loan period|
|1||Academic (Permanent staff)||16||Two months||3||Three days||01||Overnight|
|2||Academic - Temporary staff (One-Year duration)||08||Two months||1||Three days||01||Overnight|
|3||Academic - Temporary Staff (Six-month duration)||03||Two months||1||Three days||01||Overnight|
|4||Non-Academic (Permanent staff)||05||Two months||--||--||--||--|
|5||Non-Academic (Temporary staff)||03||Two months||--||--||--||--|
- Reference books and loose journals can be borrowed on loan for overnight only. Any issue of the loose journal will be issued only after 4.00 PM and returned next day by 10.00 AM.
- NIPFP Library follows an open access system of books and other materials taken from the stacks should not be re-shelved by the readers. These should be left on the tables reserved for this purpose. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- Borrowers can get the book(s) reissued on or before the due date, if required.
- If a book is required for a longer period, it can be reissued for further period with a prior approval from the Librarian, if there is no demand for it.
- No reader shall take a book or journal or any other material out of the library without having it properly issued.
- The renewal system of the documents is not automatic therefore the books and journals may be reissued at the library counter, if not required by other users.
- Reference and Information Services would be provided to the users on demand.
- Inter-Library Loan facilities shall be provided to the users on demand through the document delivery service of DELNET, New Delhi.
- All books should be returned to the library before going on long leave (i.e. for a month or so) and on official tour etc.
- If any faculty member/researcher is going to leave NIPFP, they will be required to return all library books etc. along with library card. Only after receiving all the books and library card in the library, a Clearance Certificate will be given to the concerned member.
A fine of INR 1/- per day will be charged on per overdue document i.e. Books/Bound Journals/Loose Journals etc. The amount of fine recovered from the members will be deposited to the Accounts Section with an intimation to the concerned member.
In case the faculty members/researchers want to waive off their fine on overdue documents, in special cases, a separate approval is to be obtained from the Chairman, Library Committee.
Damage and loss of library documents:
Readers should not deface, mark, cut, or mutilate the reading material in any manner. Readers will be solely responsible for any damage caused by them to the documents.
Readers should check the books before borrowing that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for the damage, discovered at the time of returning the books.
In case of loss of any Book/Bound Journal/Loose Journal or Volume of Book of any set by the borrower, the individual shall replace the same along with fine, if due. In case replacement is not possible, cost of the lost item will be charged.
Library provides photocopying facilities to its readers on all working days. NIPFP staff members are requested to please fill up the photocopy requisition form and get it signed by their project leaders/senior officials etc. If there is non-official work, the charges will be INR 0.75 per page.
Some items in the library cannot be copied because of copyright laws, poor condition, or donor restrictions.
Use of computers/laptops etc.
- The computers which are kept in the library to search the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) and retrieve the data from online databases, only those are to be used for academic purpose.
- Online chatting/dating, playing games, browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers in the library is not permitted. Readers should also not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/ accessories in the library.
- The Electronic Resources available in NIPFP are governed by license agreements. Each user is responsible for ensuring that he or she uses these products only for non-commercial, educational, scholarly or research use without systematically downloading and distributing the portions of information.
Guidelines for External Users:
NIPFP library is open to researchers, staff of governmental organizations, government officials, employees, students, teachers, consultants and policy-makers working in the area of Economics, Taxation, Public Finance, Energy, Environment, and Sustainable Development. An authority letter from their Competent Authority is required to be eligible to use the NIPFP Library. It may be noted that without any authority letter, no external users will be allowed to use the library.
Besides, NIPFP faculty members may recommend external users, to make use of library resources.
External users can use the library resources only all working days i.e. (Monday to Friday: 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM).
If external users want any pages of the document to be photocopied, he/she should contact the Reference Desk. The charges of photocopy will be @ INR 1/- per page. Some items in the library cannot be copied because of copyright laws, poor condition, or donor restrictions.
External users are not allowed to refer the documents in stack area at first & second floor of the library. If any document is required to be used, may kindly contact the Reference Desk.
These rules are subject to revision/updation from time to time without assigning any reason. For latest Library Rules and Regulations, please check NIPFP website.
"The only thing that you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.” - Albert Einstein